Sponsored Links
-->

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Saving, Investment, and the Financial System - ppt video online ...
src: slideplayer.com

In economics, saving-investment balance or I-S balance is a balance of national savings and national investment, which is equal to current account. This relationship is obtained from the national income identity.


Video Saving-investment balance



Description

This is the national income identity:

Y = C + I + G + ( E X - I M ) {\displaystyle Y=C+I+G+(EX-IM)}

where

  • Y: GDP,
  • C: national consumption,
  • I: national investment,
  • G: government spending,
  • EX: export,
  • IM: import,
  • EX-IM: current account.

The national income identity can be rewritten as following:

( Y - T - C ) + ( T - G ) - I = E X - I M {\displaystyle (Y-T-C)+(T-G)-I=EX-IM}

where T is defined as tax. (Y-T-C) is savings of private sector and (T-G) is savings of government. Here, we define S as National savings (= savings of private sector + savings of government) and rewrite the identity as following:

S - I = E X - I M {\displaystyle S-I=EX-IM}

This identity implies that the difference of national savings and national investment is equal to current account.


Maps Saving-investment balance



See also

  • Global imbalances
  • Global saving glut

National and International Accounts: Income, Wealth, and the ...
src: images.slideplayer.com


References

Source of article : Wikipedia